Adobe Acrobat X Standard Edition
Adobe Acrobat X Standard has the following features:
- PDF file conversion - Create PDF documents from within any application that prints, including one-button conversion from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Access, as well as from Firefox and Lotus Notes — without leaving the application you're working in.
- Edit PDF files - Quickly and easily edit PDF documents without going back to the original source files. Save time by making simple changes to text directly within PDF files, then remove, reorder, and rotate pages.
- Convert PDF files back to Word and Excel - Reuse content from PDF documents to get a head start on new projects. Save PDF files as Microsoft Word or Excel files and retain layout, fonts, formatting, and tables.
- Multiple file merging - Combine content from multiple sources—including documents, spreadsheets, emails, web pages, scanned paper, and images—into one compact PDF file that can be shared and viewed easily.
- Online file sharing - Use Adobe SendNow online services from within Acrobat to send, share, and track large files without the headaches of email size restrictions, FTP sites, and costly overnight services.
- Fillable forms - Easily create fillable PDF forms from scanned paper documents or existing PDF, Microsoft Word, or Excel files. Automatically convert static fields to fillable ones. Track and manage responses. Export data to a spreadsheet for analysis.
Adobe Acrobat X Pro
Adobe Acrobat X Pro has the following features in addition to the features found in the Standard version:
- Assemble PDF Portfolios - Combine a wide range of file types into a polished, organized PDF Portfolio. Apply professionally designed layouts, visual themes, and color palettes. Easily add corporate logos and colors to reflect your branding.
- Automate tasks with the Action Wizard - Save time and standardize processes by automating routine, multistep tasks in a guided Action. Create, manage, execute, and share a sequence of frequently used steps that can be applied to single PDF files or batches of files.
- Create interactive forms - Easily convert existing forms into fillable PDF forms with intelligent form field recognition, or design them yourself using included templates. Track and manage responses within Acrobat. Collect data quickly and export to spreadsheets for analysis.
- Streamline document reviews - Enable team members with Adobe Reader software to fully participate in shared document reviews with a complete set of commenting and markup tools. See and build on one another's comments.
- Permanently remove information - Use redaction tools to permanently delete sensitive information, including specific text or illustrations. Easily find all information contained in a document, including metadata, annotations, attachments, form fields, layers, and bookmarks, and delete as needed.
- Include rich media - Quickly bring ideas to life through rich, interactive documents. Insert audio, Adobe Flash Player compatible video, and interactive media into PDF files for seamless playback in Adobe Reader.
- Compare PDF documents - Eliminate confusion and improve version control. Easily identify differences between two versions of a PDF file by having Acrobat analyze both files and highlight changes to text and images.
- Comply with PDF and accessibility standards - Confirm that your documents conform to PDF/A, PDF/E, and PDF/X ISO standards, and fix those that do not. Check and adjust documents to help ensure that they are accessible to people with disabilities.
- Extend Adobe Reader - Enable Adobe Reader users to participate in shared reviews, fill and save forms, and digitally sign and approve PDF documents - regardless of platform or operating system.
- Share files online at Acrobat.com - Use services at Acrobat.com to easily send large files with confidence. Upload documents into your online Workspaces at Acrobat.com to share files with individuals or teams inside or outside your organization.