Microsoft Expression Web 3
Microsoft's Expression Web 3 is their web page design tool. It has an editing screen that toggles between WYSIWYG, code-based, and split views of the page you're editing.
New features for Version 3 include:
- SuperPreview provides the ability to preview and compare pages simultaneously in multiple browsers, even in multiple versions of Internet Explorer. You can also compare browser views against a comprehensive mock-up ("comp") image.
- Snapshot Preview provides a high-fidelity browser preview that updates live as you edit your code, saving you the time and effort of loading the page in a browser for each code change.
- Add both Silverlight and Seadragon Ajax Deep Zoom Composer images to your page from a composition created in Deep Zoom Composer.
- Publish now automatically transfers several files at a time via FTP, instead of transferring them one by one, it transfers them faster, and it offers the ability to use a secure FTP connection with FTPS or SFTP.
- Silverlight, a cross-browser, cross–platform plug-in for delivering rich interactive applications for the web, and Expression Encoder 3 are now included.
- Internet Explorer 8 support and professional graphics tools are also included
Its features include:
- Default setting is XHTML 1.0 Transitional–conformant.
- User can select settings to support all combinations of HTML/XHTML/Strict/Transitional/Frameset and CSS 1.0/2.0/2.1.
- Browser-specific schemas available also.
- Real-time standards validation flags violations based on the chosen schema so that corrections can be made as they're inserted.
- An accessibility checker verifies conformity to accessibility standards for screen readers with support for W3C Content Accessibility Guidelines and Section 508 standards.
- CSS-Based Layout
- Provides a state-of-the-art, professional toolset and design surface for CSS-based web site and application, allowing direct manipulation of margins and padding throughout the document.
- Produces a faithful representation of the look of the final browser-rendered page with its CSS rendering engine.
- Render pages in Standard or Quirks mode depending on the doctype setting of the page for maximum browser compatibility.
- Provides professionally designed templates that are fully XHTML and CSS compliant.
- A tag property grid provides all valid properties for a selected tag.
- CSS Formatting
- Intelligent CSS style creation lets the user focus on the design process while Expression Web 3 takes care of CSS style creation, avoiding repetitive style creation throughout the site.
- CSS styles can be selected from or added to a drag-and-drop menu, allowing for in-page experimentation and easy application of different styles.
- Rename styles instantly without find and replace with locally stored site metadata recording all style usage.
- Detailed reports on CSS style usage allow for the production of consistently styled pages.
- Set preferences for exactly how CSS code is generated throughout an application to have complete control over Expression Web code generation.
- XML Data Presentation
- Build and format views on industry-standard XML data using powerful, WYSIWYG XSLT design tools.
- Create customized views of XML data using drag-and-drop tools to quickly achieve visualizations that conform to the CSS site design.
- Present data using XSLT, with support for editing views on live XML data to give designers full flexibility to represent XML data the way they choose.
- Fine-tune the raw data presented on the page with tools to sort, filter, and apply condition formatting.
- Retrieve and present XML data from live RSS feeds on your site, styled to match the look and feel of the site.
- ASP.NET 3.5
- Provides support for the ASP.NET 3.5 standard with easy-to-use drag-and-drop controls.
- Server-rendered ASP.NET Master Pages helps maintain the proper look of your site as well as allowing easy site-wide changes.
- Access ASP.NET controls and their associated properties with the same power as Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 but rendered within the design surface of Expression Web.
- The ASP.NET Development Server allows for the previous of Preview ASP.NET pages locally, without the need for a full web server.
- Use a drag-and-drop interface that accesses the power of ASP.NET with no coding requirement to visually bind data sources to controls on the design surface.
- Any Microsoft Expression product
- Any Adobe Creative Suite product
- Any Microsoft Office product
This item currently ships and for free at amazon.com.