Apple Final Cut Studio
Final Cut Studio is Apple's latest generation of a one-package suite of production applications. It includes Final Cut Pro 7, DVD Studio Pro 4, Motion 4, Soundtrack Pro 3, Compressor 3.5, and Color 1.5.
Final Cut Pro 7:
- ProRes is an Apple codec that allows you to edit at HD quality with SD file sizes. The ProRes family now includes ProRes 422 (Proxy), ProRes 422 (LT), and ProRes 4444, in addition to the original ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 (HQ).
- Easy to work with the latest file-based devices from Panasonic, Sony, JVC, and Canon. Use the Log and Transfer function in to ingest Panasonic AVC-Intra and DVCPRO HD from P2 cards, Sony XDCAM EX, and AVCHD. Or use Sony’s free XDCAM Transfer software to ingest XDCAM, 18-, 25-, and 35-Mbps XDCAM HD, and XDCAM HD 422 media.
- Preview shots before you bring them in, add In and Out points, and add custom metadata before you transfer files to save time when you get to the edit. You can automatically ingest media files in the background at high speeds while you continue to edit or preview other material.
- The open format Timeline lets you mix and match source material in a wide range of formats and even different frame rates - just drag your footage into the Timeline. Freely edit a combination of HD and SD, including NTSC and PAL, all in real time.
- Edit virtually any professional format natively. Because there’s no need to transcode video from camera-native formats, you can start editing right away.
- Standard definition: DV, DVCPRO, DVCAM, DVCPRO 50, IMX, Uncompressed 8- and 10-bit SD
- High definition: HDV, DVCPRO HD, AVC-Intra, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD 422, and XDCAM EX, Uncompressed 8- and 10-bit HD
DVD Studio Pro 4:
- Integrated, scalable H.264 encoding that allows you to fit HD content on DVDs using existing drives and existing media. Create HD on DVD versions from existing SD projects. Go from native HDV to HD on DVD with no recompression from Final Cut Pro and save time by encoding HD and SD in one Compressor batch.
- Increase your HD and SD encoding speed by sharing the encoding workload over multiple computers. Offload encoding tasks to another machine and add encoding notes at no extra cost.
- Encode Dolby Digital Professional (AC-3) surround sound audio, reduce uncompressed PCM audio file size without compromising quality.
- Increase playback performance with VTS editing by allocating menus throughout VTS folders to overcome 1GB menu limitations.
- Preview color and surround sound on a second Digital Cinema Desktop while you work. Audition surround sound using S/PDIF (digital audio) out to an external DTS or Dolby Digital (AC-3) decoder.
- Start animating right away with the easy-to-use tools and intuitive interface. You can see the results in real time as you work and adjust animation settings on the fly. Instantly set an object in motion by dragging a behavior to the Canvas, then use the Keyframe Editor to make precise adjustments.
- Create motion graphics in 3D space without learning a brand-new interface. The integrated 3D multiplane environment in Motion 4 is a natural extension of familiar 2D tools. All of the Motion features, such as particles, text behaviors, motion paths, and Replicator, work in the 3D environment.
- Make the letters in a word, phrase, or sentence tumble onto the screen by adjusting a single character. Create instant sequences of numbers that count up or count down. Build editable lower thirds and other titles for use in Final Cut Pro, with regular text or animated LiveFonts.
- Comes with more than 120 GPU-accelerated filters and effects. And filters are just the beginning. Instantly animate mesmerizing patterns with Replicator, and rapidly create smoke, fog, or other dramatic effects with one of more than 200 particle presets. You can create even more effects by using a wide range of third-party FxPlug filters.
- The comprehensive set of layering and masking tools offers everything you need for compositing 2D and 3D graphics. Precisely adjust video clips to work with your composites by using features such as optical flow retiming, SmoothCam stabilization for shaky shots, and automatic point tracking and match moving.
Soundtrack Pro 3:
- Includes tools designed specifically for audio post. Work fast with new navigation shortcuts in the multitrack interface, and edit files with precision in the File Editor.
- It's easy to craft perfect dialogue tracks. Use the Multitake Editor to record and find the best takes, and tap into a variety of innovative tools to match tone and level across your entire project in just a few clicks.
- Special-purpose tools in let you repair common audio problems in seconds. Remove unwanted background noise in a few simple steps. You can also quickly identify, preview, and fix audio that contains pops, clicks, hum, DC offset, and more.
- More than 50 professional effect plug-ins and over 6000 royalty-free Foley effects, sound effects, and music beds
- Easily synchronize your soundtrack to changes made in your video edit. If you change your picture edit in Final Cut Pro, you can use the Conform feature in Soundtrack Pro to automatically compare versions and update your multitrack audio project.
- Comprehensive 5.1 surround support.
- Color is organized into eight workspaces, or “rooms,” that are designed for specific tasks. Start with the Primary In room for basic grading, then use any other room in any order for more advanced corrections. When you’re done, output at pristine quality — now up to 4K — through the Render Queue room.
- Work quickly using familiar tools, including a Timeline, color wheels, and standard scopes. Then tap into easy-to-use, specialized color grading tools, such as the interactive 3D Color Space scope, keyframe and curve controls, custom shapes, and more.
- Color grading can now be a natural part of your workflow. Easily send an entire sequence from Final Cut Pro to Color without converting speed effects and most other advanced functions. Color 1.5 also supports RED, DPX, and Cineon files at full 4K quality, making it ideal for digital cinema workflows.
- Customizable color effects and signature looks.
- Makes encoding easy and efficient, whether you’re outputting a single file or delivering multiple files in multiple formats. With enhanced droplets and new batch templates,
- Create files for delivery on iPod, Apple TV, the web, mobile phones, a Blu-ray disc, or a DVD. You can even create formats for broadcast servers, digital cinema workflows, and more using a range of third-party plug-ins.
- produces pristine format and standards conversions — including standards conversions for international distribution and SD to HD up-conversions.
- Use the Apple Qmaster application with Compressor to distribute encoding jobs across a network of Mac systems. The QuickCluster option instantly configures clusters of available computers or even selected processor cores in a single computer.
This item currently ships for free at amazon.com.