- iPhoto 09 introduces Faces: a new feature that automatically detects and even recognizes faces in your photos. iPhoto uses face detection to identify faces of people in your photos and face recognition to match faces that look like the same person. That makes it easy for you to add names to your photos. And it helps you find the people youre looking for. Clicking the Faces view shows you a corkboard featuring a snapshot for each person youve named. iPhoto suggests a set of possible matches you can confirm with a click.
- Photos can be categorized or searched based upon place or event.
- Improve photos with ny removing red-eye with a click; adjusting exposure, brightness, and contrast; cropping to frame your subject; using Enhance tool to automatically fix bright or dull photos; using the Saturation slider to avoid saturating skin tones; using the Definition slider to improve clarity and enhance detail; or retouch over solid edges with the Retouch brush.
- Fully reversible one-click photo effects that can convert color photos to black and white, give them a classic sepia tone, add a vignette border, and more.
- Easily send your photos to Facebook, Flickr, MobileMe, or via e-mail.
- Seamlessly share photos with iMovie, iWeb, iDVD, the applications in iWork, and other Mac OS X applications.
- Plug in virtually any digital camcorder and iMovie starts importing your video. Then iMovie helps you organize your video just as you organize photos: by putting everything in one central location and grouping video clips according the date they were taken.
- Label clips, or parts of clips, with preset or custom keywords, then filter your entire library by rating and/or keyword.
- Drag-and-drop moviemaking - drag in titles and transitions, photos, a song from iTunes to create your soundtrack.
- Use the Precision Editor to adjust cuts, titles, and transitions.
- Flip through your video library and play clips with the full-screen Library Browser.
- Give your movie the Hollywood treatment with video stabilization, themes, and maps.
- Create a MobileMe Gallery to showcase your movie, publish it to YouTube, send it to iTunes and sync it with your iPod or iPhone, or send your movie to Apple TV.
- Magic iDVD lets you pick a theme and select the movies and photos you want to feature from the iLife Media Browser. Magic iDVD automatically creates a complete project - including main menu, buttons, scene selection menus, and slideshow menus - from start to finish.
- iDVD lets you choose from more than 150 Apple-designed animated themes, including ten new theme families with coordinated designs for every screen in your DVD.
- The OneStep button takes all the footage on your camcorder and burns it to DVD.
- With iDVD, you can burn to single- or double-layer DVDs, which can be viewed on a standard TV, a widescreen TV, a Mac, or a PC.
- Basic Lessons in GarageBand teach you piano and guitar right on your Mac. Follow along with nine interactive video lessons that teach you the fundamentals and get you ready to play a whole song. See finger placement and basic chords on animated onscreen instruments.
- Browse, preview, and purchase Artist Lessons from the Lesson Store inside GarageBand. Then get step-by-step instructions for chords, finger positions, and techniques from the people who know your favorite songs best. Even play along with their bands.
- Plug a USB music keyboard into your Mac and you get instant access to over 100 realistic software instruments — pianos, strings, drums, guitars, horns — everything from bass to woodwinds.
- Plug an electric guitar into your Mac and play through amps modeled after the most revered in the world. Add virtual stompbox effects that reproduce classic foot pedals, in whatever order you want. Then get a 3D view of your rig — complete with amp, speaker cabinet, and stompboxes.
- Magic GarageBand lets you play with a hand-picked band on a virtual stage. GarageBand generates a new project based on genre and performance styles.
- Using the built-in Visual EQ, you can adjust a track's equalization simply by dragging the EQ bands until you get the sound you want.
- Define sections of your song — intro, verse, chorus — and copy, move, or delete at will.
- Automation of tempo effects and instruments.
- Web widgets allow you to add live content from other websites - like videos, stock tickers, and news headlines - directly into your web pages.
- Place fully interactive Google Maps and Google AdSense ads on your web pages.
- Simplify navigation by dragging your photo albums to a sleek, animated index page.
- Switch the theme of any page with the click of your mouse. Mix themes in a site if you wish.
- My Album keeps photo and movie page navigation easy and organized.
The Family Pack allows for a single copy of iLife '09 to install the entire iLife suite on up to five Macintosh computers (household use only).
This item currently ships for free at amazon.com.