iWork can be purchased separately or as part of the Mac Box Set, which also includes iLife and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- 180 Apple-designed templates include a range from simple letters and invitations to media-rich newsletters and flyers.
- A built-in Media Browser where you can browse your iPhoto or Aperture libraries and when you find a photo you like, just drag it into your Pages document. Powerful graphics tools let you make image adjustments, add frames or masks, or remove backgrounds.
- With a single click, you can add a table to your Pages document. Format numbers in table cells for currency or dates. Enter simple calculations using cell references. Even apply functions such as sum and average.
- Just pick the desired 2D and 3D pie, line, bar, column, area, and scatter charts, and then customize the charts by adding a realistic texture, controlling the lighting, or rotating them.
- Switch easily between word processing and page layout modes.
- A context-sensitive Format Bar lets you choose fonts, set leading and alignment, and apply paragraph and character styles.
- To add a photo to a page, simply drag it from the Media Browser and drop it into your document. Turn on Wrap to control how text flows around the photo. Use the format bar to set text to wrap to the left or right, around, or above and below images.
- Pages '09 supports industry-standard formats, so you can easily open documents created in other word processing applications and share documents with others whether they're using a Mac or a PC.
- Cinema-quality presentations for everyone with professionally designed templates, superb organizational tools, dynamic tables, and elegant 2D and 3D charts.
- More than 35 Apple-designed themes - each has multiple slide masters with coordinated fonts, textures, and layouts for bullets, charts, images, and more.
- With Slide Navigator and Light Table in Keynote, you can efficiently organize your presentation. Both tools make it easy to review and scroll through slides.
- With a single click, you can add a table to any slide. Fill cells with text, graphics, or photos. Format numbers for currency or dates. Or add a calculation - even aggregate functions like Sum - and let Keynote do the math. It's just as easy to add 2D and 3D bar, line, and area charts complete with realistic textures.
- Place text, photos, and other objects precisely where you'd like them to appear using vertical and horizontal rulers. Turn on alignment guides and Keynote offers dynamic feedback, letting you align an object with the center or edge of an existing object.
- Using the built-in Media Browser, you can browse and preview the photos in your iPhoto or Aperture libraries, the movies in your Movies folder, and the music in your iTunes library, and add them to your presentation.
- Built-in imaging tools let you adjust photos till they're picture perfect. Without leaving Keynote '09, you can resize and rotate photos, add a reflection or a shadow, and even remove backgrounds with the new Instant Alpha.
- Using the new built-in recording tool, Keynote captures your audio voiceover and timing as you step through builds or move from one slide to the next.
- Intelligent tables - Because each Numbers table has its own grid of rows and columns, you can format each table independently to solve specific needs. Adding, moving, and adjusting row and column size has no effect on other tables. And making those adjustments is easy. Grow your table by grabbing a table corner and pulling it to the right for more columns or down for more rows.
- Each table's address tabs has pull-down menus containing frequently used tools for adding, deleting, hiding, or sorting rows and columns in the row and column reference tabs. A handy Format Bar offers one-click data formatting.
- Numbers lets you create multiple resizable tables on a flexible canvas. Each table is a fully functional spreadsheet that can consist of hundreds of cells or just a few. Add a header or a footer row for summary calculations with a single click.
- From entering formulas to filtering data sets to creating "what if" scenarios, Numbers '09 offers new ways to interact with and analyze the data in your spreadsheets.
- Numbers comes with more than 150 ready-to-use functions. Adding one is as simple as dropping it into a cell. And when you create tables with header rows and columns, Numbers uses the data you enter in header cells to create cell names that make sense instead of sounding like a variable name.
- Apple-designed templates include preconfigured tables and charts with built-in formulas and sample data.
- When it's time to print a spreadsheet, use the interactive print view to scale and arrange your document to print exactly as you like.
- Numbers handily imports spreadsheets created in earlier Excel formats, as well as Excel 2007 documents created in new Office Open XML formats.
The Family Pack allows you to install and use one copy of iWork '09 on up to a maximum of five Macintosh computers (household use only).
This item currently ships for free at amazon.com.