Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Premium
Nuance's Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 is their latest speech recognition product, and they claim 99% accuracy. It both converts speech into text for PC applications, but also converts text to speech so that web pages and e-mails can be heard aloud. Dictate directly into a PC or any Nuance-approved handheld digital recorder. Dictate, edit and control applications all by voice with programs like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, America Online, and Corel WordPerfect. The Premium version 11 has the following new features:
- More accurate with up to 15% more accuracy than Version 10.
- Runs on a variety of hardware, from small netbooks to high-powered servers, and it automatically detects hardware resources and sets up the recommended configuration.
- The scheduling of Accuracy Tuning no longer requires a Windows password, so the user can easily choose a time and frequency that fit his or her schedule.
- Automatically detects poor audio input and then alerts the user (in various ways depending on the issue), offering advice to remedy the situation.
- Improved recognition response time - faster than previous editions when selecting application menu items by voice or executing voice commands that perform actions within applications.
- Quickly processes the recognition of speech in the background, and instead of the Results box of previous versions, displays only a discreet indicator that recognition is in progress; this encourages continuous speech, an important factor for accuracy. Novice users are no longer distracted by watching the preliminary recognition results pooling and changing within the Results Box before text is inserted into the document
- New Dragon Sidebar - desktop assistant that lets you glance at or explore global commands (including mouse commands), application-specific commands and custom-created commands, as well as tips. The Dragon Sidebar is a thin, resizable and dockable window that can be placed anywhere on the Windows desktop.
- The DragonBar is now docked to the top of the screen by default and gathers in one area all its indicators: icons and written messages.
- Includes more commands than ever to consolidate multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes into a direct voice command that can be spoken anytime -- no matter what is active on the screen. Users can now use the "search [website] for [XYZ]" commands to make precise searches in Facebook.com, Twitter, IRS.gov, MySpace.com, as well as the Nuance technical knowledgebase website.
- Supports more voice commands to show common Windows elements including the desktop and Control Panel, or folders such as My Documents and My Pictures. New commands enable users to effortlessly switch to a specific window (Dragon displays a numbered list so the user can just say the number of the desired window.)
- Allows users to scroll up or down pages within programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, and more, with the same command wordings such as "Start scrolling down," "Speed up" and "Stop scrolling."
This item currently ships for free at amazon.com.