ScanSoft OmniPage 16
OmniPage 16 is ScanSoft's industry-leading OCR software and converts paper and PDF files into PC applications. Its new features include:
- A 27% increase in overall document conversion accuracy over the previous release.
- Improved hyper-threading accounts for 20% of the all new speed increase in OmniPage Professional 16. And with the addition of new parallel processing algorithms, OmniPage Professional 16 becomes the world’s first OCR application specifically designed for a multi-core processor computer.
- 3DC Digital Camera Technology allows you to capture text from a book, magazine, presentation, or something like an outdoor sign that could never fit through your scanner. You can now use your digital camera and innovative new 3DC technology automatically adjusts for skew, waves and 3-D perspective.
- Supports Microsoft Office 2007 native formats.
- Supports Microsoft XPS format. OmniPage treats the XPS format much like PDF with the ability to scan to XPS and save as an image, a searchable image or text based XPS. You can even convert PDF to XPS or vice versa.
- Save additional time by working on multiple documents at once. OmniPage can now open, process, correct and save multiple documents simultaneously.
- The Quick Convert View converts documents in seconds - there’s no need to learn a lot of options and tools.
- You can create different customized views to perform certain tasks. OmniPage not only allows you to rearrange its windows, it lets you save as many layouts as you want so you can easily configure OmniPage to your liking.
- OmniPage is now optimized to recognize and convert legal documents that contain special formatting including headers, footers, line number, stamps, signatures and more.
OmniPage 16 Professional has the following features above and beyond the standard version:
- OmniPage Professional 16 comes with PaperPort 11 which allows you to set up quick navigation links inside OmniPage that instantly jump to your favorite folders when opening or saving a file to your desktop.
- Includes PDF Create! 4 with PDF Create! Assistant.
- Recognition dictionaries for financial, legal and medical terminology ensure the accurate conversion of important industry specific terms.
- Digital-to-Digital Document conversion (text input).
- Ability to work with PDF with digital signatures, 128-bit encrypted PDF files, and tagged PDF files.
- Advanced productivity features include form drawing and arrangement (eform creation) and Batch manager options such as an email monitor for incoming documents that will automatically process them to save you additional time.
- Integration with SharePoint 2003 and Sharepoint 2007.
- ODMA and FTP integration and OLE interface.
This item currently ships and for free at amazon.com.