Microsoft Streets and Trips 2011
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2011 has customizable trip planning and mapping software that helps you make the most of any local or long distance trip. It will work with your current GPX-compatible GPS device. The GPS version features a cable-free GPS receiver that plugs directly into your laptop and when used with Streets and Trips gives you spoken driving guidance plus automatic rerouting if you miss a turn, making it easier to navigate with confidence. Some of its features include:
- Now with more accurate maps of city and highway roads across the United States and Canada.
- 1.9 million points of interest to help you find the hotels, ATMs, museums, campgrounds, and restaurants and other services you need along the way.
- Plan any trip based on your preferences - speed, travel time, or type of road.
- A search feature lets you find points of interest within a 50-mile radius of your home.
- Import contacts directly to your maps from Microsoft Outlook.
- Now with Perspective Map view and Night Map view.
- Full Screen navigation with driving guidance - use it on the road and easily see upcoming turns with Dynamic Turn View and an automatically magnified view.
- Downloadable construction updates to help you find out when and where to expect construction on local, state, U.S. and Canadian roads with free online updates.
- Voice Prompted Directions - verbal turn-by-turn directions provide an easy-to-use, hands-free guidance solution
- Locate Me technology - know exactly where you are, virtually wherever you go by using wireless hotspots to pinpoint your location.
- Live Search - add additional business locations to your map when you’re online, then take them with you when you go. Keyword searches ("coffee," "motel," or "restaurant," for example) make it easy to find current business listings. Search results automatically refresh as you move around the map, so you’ll always have the most useful information.
- Easy reverse route option - simply click to find your way back.
- Estimated drive time - always know how far you are from your destination.
- Easy mileage, time, and expense calculation - you’ll know what to expect before you go and can adjust your plans accordingly.
- Make your maps and printouts more descriptive by adding notes, addresses and phone numbers for your planned stops.
- ReRoute from Here - get back on track with just one click. Streets and Trips 2011 quickly recalculates directions to any new location.
These items currently ship for free at amazon.com.